Everything is usually pretty good in my life, I’m pretty good with how I see things. I’m grateful for all of what I have every day and there’s always something to look forward to. Also, here and there little things end up happening that I appreciate as well, once in a while. It’s pretty refreshing and I love getting to get out of the house and do things to. I am glad that I finally got around to doing a shoot for this dress, I got it in early 2020 and it’s one of my favorite dresses I have! It’s this cool red slip dress from Dolls Kill, my favorite place to shop for clothes. I thought this dress went perfect for this photoshoot over the weekend, the dress was called Know My Worth and I thought that was a good idea for how things are going. I can get into that more a bit later, but I love the whole attitude I had with this one. I’m excited to see what I’m going to do next in life, I usually have been finding things to do as often (or more often) than usual and I’m glad about that! I went and did something every single day last week, wearing a full face of makeup and everything, so I’m pretty proud about that. Today is one of those days where I just have to sit here writing this all day, but I think it’s going to be awesome. It’s good to finally have a break day anyway, but I am going to love getting ready and going out (to a meeting) tomorrow night for sure. I’m making a lot of good progress on what I’ve been photoshooting these days too, and also I’m still going through all my lipsticks and cycling through my makeup still! I really love doing that, I incorporate the cycling into what I use for my photoshoots all the time too and I’ll talk more about that later. Also I’ve been really loving Ipsy again lately, I finally got one of my bags from last month! So I ended up including a lot of those products in this shoot’s makeup look as well. I really love how everything is shaping itself together, I think it turns out great!
I think my closet does pretty well over the years. I don’t buy clothes as often as I used to, but I have so many good things still and it’s awesome to go through them all. I occasionally buy something new but most the time I get around to something I already have and it turns out great! This dress is a pretty good example too, being from my favorite online store of all time and everything. I liked how this shoot turned out too, I think it did pretty well overall. I was planning on doing this dress soon, with it being July and everything, and then I also remembered what the dress was called at the right time and it was awesome because I had just basically broken up with my boyfriend the day before! So that was a cool coincidence, and I’m glad I was able to pick this one out and do a photoshoot. I also did my shoots pretty early this month, I’m already done with the second one and it’s only the middle of the month. That’ll give me some thinking time and stuff for the next month, but I’m excited to see what will happen next in my life now that I finally made that change and get to do more for myself again. I hope to get more friends or something, I don’t really hang out with anyone that much! But I can do that more finally, and I’ll also have more breathing room and everything so I’m glad about this turnout. I’ll see how the next couple of weeks end up going! I’m just super glad that I focus on myself and everything, I used to think I needed certain things to be a certain way in order to be blissful but now I see that I can care about all that I do and just know I’m doing the right thing and that’ll help me with everything overall. I know what I’m doing and everything, it all makes sense, I just need to use this trust that I have with myself and remember that I’m usually right and I’ll do better as I go with trying to understand certain things more with my expressions (and self-expressions). I don’t really need anyone else other than myself, or of course my family, but we’ll see how it goes making some new friends or something! At least I have my meetings and things too. I’m in a pretty decent shape these days and I have more than enough for myself like usual. Let’s get into the photoshoot!
Outfit Details for my ‘Know My Worth’ Photoshoot:
- Know My Worth Slip Dress $38 in XS from Dolls Kill online in January of 2020, that I ordered with a bunch of other things. This is a really cute mesh red and black strappy dress that I love.
- Black open-toed lace-up booties by Steve Madden that I got for Christmas from my dad in like 2013, one of my all-time favorite pairs of shoes. I also wore them last year in Offline & in other shoots.
- Rainbow Tour 2017 Adjustable Hat by Kesha from her tour that year, I went to the show in Seattle. I wore this hat backwards in my last shoot also, Illumination & in 2017 too for Kesha’s Spaceship.
- 14k Gold Tinkerbell Necklace by Disney Couture that I got from Little Black Bag in 2012, who sent me three pieces of jewelry they picked out and this was one of them. One of my best gold necklaces.
- Gold ‘Abby’ Name Necklace that my mom just got for me last week in California, it’s cute and tiny l I love it. They got it for me while they were out of state at a sock store, & it’s a new necklace to me.
- Small gold dangly gem earrings that I’ve had since like 2019, they’re pretty basic but I totally love them. I also had two mis-matched gold stud earrings in my second holes that I got in like 2020 too.
- Gold logo-type bracelet from like 2019 that I wear up my arm around my butterfly tattoo, that you can see in some pictures pretty well. I also wore it for my other photoshoot Coca-Cola x2 earlier.
- Gold chain-look ring on my thumb and two dainty wire gold pearl rings on my other hand for my rings in this photoshoot. The pearl ones are super cute, one is a little bigger and the other is smaller.
- ‘Parfait Day’ pink nail polish by Lime Crime from like 2013 which is totally a favorite pink nail polish of mine, I love the color. They don’t sell nail polishes anymore but I still have 4 shades of them too.
I love the summertime every year, I think it’s awesome to get to switch my style up with what I wear as I go through each year. I love outfits like this, I love my dresses that I have that are like this. I think they look really good on me! I’ve been trying to wear my skirts and things like that more this year, I’m really trying to wear all my clothes that I have. I also have like nothing to get rid of for a while, it’s been like this throughout the year so I’ve just been really trying to wear everything instead of getting rid of it. I think I do pretty well with it! I of course always do that with my lipstick, I really want to use all of them that I have every time I cycle through them and it’s awesome. For this outfit I picked a purple-ish lipstick to the red, because sometimes I like to mix pink up with my reds! I think it turned out pretty good, I did like the contrast of the colors of the red dress to my lips. Not too bad of a choice, it was Kylie Cosmetics like it was for my last post and photoshoot that I did because I’m going through all of those that I have currently. I have like 30 total of liquid lipsticks & glosses from Kylie, and a bunch of matching lip liners on top of that number so that’s crazy! I used to buy them all the time back in the day, it’s crazy that I have so many. My Kylie drawer is completely full to the top too, but I sure love them. They used to be my favorite brand for lipsticks besides MAC back in the day! You can search my blog for ‘Kylie Cosmetics’ to find a bunch of posts that I used Kylie lipsticks & products in, there’s a bunch of them especially back from 2016 & 2017 too. I love this whole look and I can’t wait to get into my list of makeup, scroll down for another collage & the list! July was an awesome month.
Makeup Details for ‘Know My Worth’ on July 16th, 2022:
- Rodial Soft Focus Glow Drops $60 illuminating glow primer that I got from Ipsy in May of this year. This is a pretty good primer, glow products are usually pretty good. I like this one for sure.
- Jecca Blac Liquid Concealer* $15 in the shade 2.0 that I got in my Ipsy bag for June finally! That bag took forever to get here, I got it a couple days ago. But I’ll include a pic of my June bag this time.
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Foundation $39 in Light Neutral that I’ve had since like 2017 & I’m surprised I’m still not out of it. This is a pretty good foundation, I might repurchase it.
- True + Luscious Camera Powder invisible setting powder that I got from Ipsy last year or the year before most likely. This is one of the few powders I have at the moment but I do like this one too.
- Complex Culture Baked Bronzer Single* $25 in the shade Play that I got in my June bag finally (this month) as well. I needed a new bronzer so I’m glad I got to pick out this one this time, that’s cool!
- ModelCo Baked Highlighter $25 in the shade Moonshine that I used as blush with a little bit of another blush. I have a small sample size of this product, it’s not bad! I like the shade overall too.
- Fenty Beauty Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter* $36 in the shade Hu$tla Baby which I got from Ipsy for my June bag as well. I love Fenty Beauty, finally I have another product from Rihanna’s brand!
- Mary Kay Eye Primer $12 that I use for every single photoshoot as my eyeshadow primer. I love wearing eyeshadow these days, I wear it every single time I wear makeup. This is a fine product.
- Oryza Beauty Nude Shimmer & Contour Palette $19.95 eyeshadow quad I probably got from Ipsy way back in the day. Not a bad nude & gold eyeshadow palette, I think it turned out pretty good.
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner $32 in the shade Black Ink, one of my favorite eyeliners. It’s a pot of gel liner, but I’ve had it for so long (since like 2017) – so I can’t wait to get a fresh one too.
- Velour Lashes False Lashes $29 and Lash & Go $25 black eyelash glue with the pair of lashes called Winging that I got in 2017. They’re a pretty good pair of lashes, I wear falsies once in a while also.
- Benefit Cosmetics BADgal BANG! Volumizing Mascara $27 which is one of my favorite mascaras most of the time. I used this mainly on my bottom lashes & up top with my falsies of course too.
- Rare Beauty Brow Harmony Pencil & Gel $22 in the shade Warm Brown, also one of my favorite brow definers of all of them. I love Selena Gomez too, she has a pretty good beauty line for sure.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Lip Primer $16 the lip primer that I use every single time I wear lipstick. This is a pretty good product, I’m almost out of my first one but I have a new second one as well.
- Illamasqua Colouring Lip Pencil $20 in the shade Lust which is a hot pink lip crayon, a shade that is really good with a lot of my pink lipsticks but also looked good with this dark purple-ish color.
- Kylie Cosmetics Gorg Liquid Lipstick $17 which is discontinued from the 2017ish Koko Kollection. There was two sets of lip products and I have both sets, and this is a lipstick from one of them.
- Urban Decay Allnighter Pollution Protection Setting Spray $34 which is also discontinued, and is my favorite setting spray of all time. I have a couple of these right now and will always buy more!
I loved my Ipsy bag from June, I finally got it this month so I wanted to use some of the products in this photoshoot. I used 3 of the 5 products including the concealer, bronzer and highlight. The concealer is definitely my favorite of the three, it looks pretty good on me! The bronzer isn’t bad either, it’s a pretty good shade. I will always love Fenty Beauty, Rihanna’s brand, so I’m glad I got the highlighter. It’s almost s gold shade, it’s pretty cool. I tried the serum the night before and it’s a pretty good texture, I like it so far. It’s a hyaluronic acid product, which are pretty popular these days over the past couple of years. The lipstick is a pretty good shade too, I’ll wear it for another photoshoot some day maybe! Not too bad of an Ipsy bag overall. I finally just re-subscribed in May, so this is the second bag I’ve gotten so far since then but my July glam bag I’ll probably get later this month, and may include it in the next post. I’m not too sure yet. I loved all these products though!
That’s finally it for this blog post, thanks so much for reading! I can’t wait to see how the rest of the summer goes, I love it so far. July was a good month for posting, and June went really well too – check out more of my blog from the homepage! I’m doing really good overall. I’m glad about where I’m at and I’m making more personal progress and I know I have more opportunities to do better. I do things once in a while that I love and that make me happy, like doing these blog posts or vision journaling or going to concerts and things are going to get better now that I’m single again finally. I also needed a little bit of growing up sometime soon so maybe I’ll finally get to do something like that. It seems like I’ll have more opportunities to do something like that! We’ll see if I end up getting new friends or whatever would happen. I also can’t wait to play out some of my ideas next month for my photoshoots. I’m excited to see where my life will go, thanks so much again for checking this out! I’ll see you guys next time.