I was finally able to get around to doing this cool idea I had to start off the fall time! I have had these two matching blazers for a long time, one in a grey color and one in black and wanted to do a two-part shoot and blog post with two different outfits for them finally. I also had this idea a while back that I put on my whiteboard to name a photoshoot ‘Matter of Fact’ (or even Matter of Fashion for another name), and it worked perfectly for these two shoots together. I used to come up with creative or relative names of things that I could use for my blog posts, using different words I liked and phrases and stuff and I did pretty well coming up with ideas for them, but it’s been awhile since I had a name like this to use! I only have like one more of these kinds of ideas on my board but it’s not even a title idea, but I’m sure I’ll find other ideas eventually – in the meantime, I’m glad this worked out so well with what I wanted to end up doing! I loved how these two outfits turned out as well, I think both looks were pretty great. My makeup was pretty good for both of them, too, I’ve been doing better makeup more and more these days and I’m glad about that. The photoshoots also turned out pretty well and did the outfits justice. I liked that I did the matching colored bralettes with the blazers, with silver vs. gold jewelry. I even liked my hair a lot in both shoots, it was pretty for the first one but I also really liked the ponytail look for the second outfit! Let’s get more into it, read more!
My life has been pretty good these days, still making progress with a couple blog posts a month. I really liked my outfits for the month of September’s photoshoots, too, with my last post (with my pink dress on) also being a striped outfit, and then these two. I think that was a good end-of-summer photoshoot and then these two, being a good fall-staple couple of outfits. I’ve just been relaxing this month, hanging with my friend(s) once in a while, but mostly staying home to get things done (when I have anything to do!). I’m pretty glad about everything though, I’m doing better than I was over the summer I think. Anyway, for the first photoshoot, I wore the grey blazer I had with a coral-y pink lipgloss. I liked this look with my hair down and everything, and I thought the jeans were the perfect height with the bralette. Let’s get into that photoshoot first, I think this one turned out pretty good!
Outfit Details for ‘Matter of Fact pt. 1’:
- Grey striped blazer in size L from Soho Apparel Ltd. which is one of the two blazers I have from this brand. I don’t remember where I got the two from, but I loved the fact that I had two of them!
- Grey sports bralette in size M from Cascade Sport Performance which is a pretty cute bralette. It’s simple but it fits me pretty well and I like the way it looks with the ruching. I’m glad I have this!
- Light-wash blue ‘super high-rise’ denim jeans in size 24 from Guess Jeans from 2017ish when I had a couple pairs of jeans from there. I love Guess nowadays, these are the only pair I have left though.
- Grey snakeskin boots in size 7.5 that I got from Shoedazzle in 2019. These are one of my favorite pairs of shoes of all that I have, they’re so practical and the heel is perfect on them and I love them too!
- Antique silver chain choker-type necklace that I got from my stepmom recently. I think it’s super pretty and I loved it with this outfit! I have a few necklaces like this and I like the style of them.
- Two new bracelets – one that is a chain with a sparkly heart at the end of it and the other is a band with Guess written on it. Both bracelets I got in store from Guess last week which is pretty cool.
- Dangly two-tier hoop earrings that I’ve had since like 2019 and have worn in a couple different shoots since then, like Genie 2.0 for one of them. I’ve been wearing these more recently also.
- Two mix-matched stud earrings that I got from my friend in 2020. I got a bunch of these different ones from him, and these ones were this coin-type and a metal flower stud (in my second holes).
- A purple amethyst geode ring and sterling silver heart with wings silver rings on my right hand, a couple of my favorite rings these days. I’ve been wearing them together a bunch lately which is cool too.
- $ (dollar sign) silver chain I pictured later in the photoshoot, one of my favorite waist chains of all time. I decided to add chains to both these shoots, so I eventually did that later in both of them.
- Drew nail polish by Julep with some white art on my nails for this shoot. Drew is a really pretty hot pink color that I thought I’d use for the last week of summer, it looks really good on me as well!
Makeup Details for ‘Matter of Fact pt. 1’ on September 20th, 2022:
- Ciaté London Watermelon Burst Hydrating Primer $28 which is a pretty good primer! I’ve had it for a while but might be finally running low on some of my primers soon, but we’ll see when I do.
- Complex Culture Letup Concealer $25 in the shade L200. This is one of three concealers I have right now, and it’s not bad. I got this (and the last product) both from Ipsy like last year and I like them.
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation $39 in the shade Light Neutral which is discontinued. They now make a 16-hour one, so since I’m running out I’ll get that next!
- Flesh Beauty Flesh To Flesh Highlighting Powder $28 in the shade Boost which is a highlighting powder that I use as a setting powder sometimes. It works pretty well and I love this one as both!
- Yensa Silk Bronzing Base $38 in the shade Sunlit Glow which is a really good base for my bronzer! A really good product after I saw how my bronzer looked in this photoshoot. I love this product.
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay Matte Waterproof Bronzer $30 in the shade Park Ave Princess. This is one of my staple bronzers, but I’ve had it for so long. It’s a pretty good shade and all too.
- Natasha Denona Cupid Cheek Duo* $42 which is a cream blush & powder highlight duo that I got this month from Ipsy! I like this a lot, the blush is pretty good. I love how it all turned out here.
- Mary Kay Eye Primer $12 which I’m finally running low on, so I just bought a second eyeshadow primer finally! This was a pretty good product & I’m glad I had it but I’m not repurchasing this.
- Space Case Cosmetics Eyeshadow Quad Palette $32 which is one of my fave eyeshadow palettes. It’s super universal with silver & pink shades so I love it here with grey. I got this from Ipsy last year!
- REM Beauty At The Borderline Kohl Eyeliner Pencil $17 in the shade Midnight Black. This is from Ariana Grande’s makeup line, it’s one of two things I have from there. Not a bad eyeliner pencil.
- il Makiage Black Card Liquid Eyeliner $23 that I got from Ipsy last year. This is one of my favorite eyeliners, it’s a really good black. I’m getting better with eyeliner these days too so that’s cool!
- Araceli Beauty Monarca Mascara* $19 which I also got this month in my Ipsy bag. I love that we get to choose products now too, I ended up with two mascaras which was cool for this two-part post.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Definer $23 in the shade Auburn. One of my three main brow pencils that I keep on hand, and this is sometimes my favorite. I like the auburn shade with my red hair.
- TheBalm Cosmetics Read My Lips Lip Gloss $12 in the shade BAM!. This is now discontinued but I love theBalm Cosmetics! I got this lipgloss probably in like 2016 or something, it’s a good pink.
- Urban Decay Allnighter Pollution Protection Setting Spray $34 which is my favorite setting spray of all time. It’s discontinued but I can still buy more eventually. I love pollution protection too.
That’s it for the rest of that photoshoot, I love how that one went. I really like grey + silver sometimes, but I don’t have that much grey in my closet. I’m excited about the next photoshoot though too, that one also is a pretty good one! I ended up putting my hair up and it was pretty cute. I love blazers and stuff, I’ve loved that kind of style since I was like 15 but I rarely ever really break out that style. So it’s fun when I finally do, I love how this duo blog post turned out. This was a pretty good idea. Let’s get into the next photoshoot and all the details for it! I love the neutral tones of these outfits too. Like black & white of course and the grey as well. And as a matter of fact, I do love these styles, any time!
Outfit Details for ‘Matter of Fact pt. 2’:
- Black striped blazer in size M from Soho Apparel Ltd. which is the other coordinating blazer that I have. Super rad that I have two of these blazers! I’ve had them since like 2018 or something also.
- Black bralette in size M from No Boundaries which is a pretty good brand for cheaper clothing. I actually have a bunch of random things from there. This is a perfect basic staple bralette though.
- Black high-waist stretchy black pants with buttons from the brand Mine or whatever, the tag is so faded. I’ve always loved these pants, they’re a good style for me. I also wore them in Euphoria!
- Black gladiator lace-up heeled sandals from one of my favorite brands ever Nasty Gal. I got these last month actually, I really wanted some practical heeled sandals. I love these ones, they’re perfect.
- Gold quartz chunk necklace that my stepmom made with her Bosskty jewelry brand. Also, a gold crystal jewel bracelet made by my stepmom with her same brand as my only bracelet for this shoot.
- Crystal drop jewel earrings but no idea where they’re from. One of my fave gold pairs of earrings. I also wore two mismatched gold stud earrings, one a jeweled line and the other a gold coin type.
- Three gold stacked rings from the brand Love that I got in store at Fred Meyer recently because I wanted more gold rings. I love these ones, they’re pretty perfect for me too. On my right hand.
- Gold moon & stars chain wrapped around my waist that I got in like June from Plato’s Closet. I absolutely love chains and this one is perfect for me. I love moons and stars a lot as well, usually.
- Autumn nail polish by Julep on my nails for the first week of fall. It’s a sparkly red & copper colored glitter polish that I put on in two coats. It looked pretty good with this outfit as well, I do love it.
Makeup Details for ‘Matter of Fact pt. 2’ on September 24th, 2022:
- Purlisse Silk Glow BB Base Primer $28 which is usually one of my favorite primers that I have that I got this from Ipsy like last year. I’m hoping to get more from this brand again from Ipsy soon!
- Huda Beauty #FauxFilter Luminous Matte Concealer $29 for the full size, but I just got a sample of this from Sephora recently. I thought I might as well include sample products for this time too.
- Valentino Beauty Very Valentino 24 Hour Wear Liquid Foundation $67 for the full size. This is the other sample I got from Sephora, I wanted to use this one for the shoot also. Not a bad product!
- V Kosmetik Loose Powder $22 in the shade N02 Cool Neutral. This is one of my current favorite setting powders, & I love loose powders because of it. I got this product this summer from Ipsy.
- Ciaté London Bamboo Bronzer* $25 in the shade Palm Island. This is a mattifying powder bronzer that I got in this month’s Ipsy bag, and I love the way it looks! It’s a good product overall as well.
- Tarte Cosmetics Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush $29 in the shade Exposed. This is my only full-size Tarte blush, but I love it. I have three blushes from Tarte total, and this one is a pretty good one!
- Lovecraft Beauty Highlighter Palette $29 in the shade Borealis which is a perfect gold shade. I do like this duo highlight palette, I got it from Ipsy like last year. The gold shade looked good here.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion $24 in the shade Original. This is usually known to be a pretty good primer, I just got it again recently at Sephora. I haven’t had it in so long, but I love it!
- MAC Cosmetics Pigment $25 in the shade Melon. I used like one or two other eyeshadows but I don’t have the names, they’re just singles. I used them with this pigment, it’s a really pretty gold.
- Bobbi Brown Long-wear Gel Eyeliner $32 in the shade Black Ink. This is one of my fave eyeliners of all-time, I’ve had it since around 2017 though. I can’t believe I still have some left but I totally do!
- Item Beauty Lash Snack Lengthening Mascara* $15 in the shade Midnight Mood. I got this one in my Ipsy bag for this month as well! This is one of my new favorite mascaras, I totally love this one.
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow+ Volumizing Eyebrow Gel $24 in the shade 3.5 which is a Warm auburn brown. This is a classic brow gel I’ve been using since 2019. I’ve always used this shade!
- Laritzy Cosmetics Lip Gloss $16 in the shade Curve. I got this from Ipsy one year, a while ago. I like this lip gloss though, it’s a pretty good shade! I have so many lip glosses from over the years too.
- Urban Decay Allnighter Pollution Protection Setting Spray $34 which is, again, my favorite setting spray of all time. I used it for both shoots, I use it in every shoot. It’s the only setting spray I have!
*This was a pretty good Ipsy bag this month! Like I said, you can pick three of the products now so that’s super cool with Ipsy. The two products they picked for me were the Araceli black mascara and the Cupid Cheek Duo which I used in the first photoshoot. They’re pretty good products, I love the blush in the duo the most out of the two! The three products I chose were the bronzer (I always need new bronzer), a cleansing cream (they had a few different cleansers to pick from. That was pretty cool because I was running out of cleanser! This one seemed the best and is a pretty good cleanser for both day & night.) and the Item Beauty mascara which was my favorite out of all 5 of my products. I’m glad I got the two mascaras because I did the two photoshoots and LOVED the second mascara! So that was a pretty good bag, I’m glad about everything. I’ll keep on reviewing every Ipsy bag and shooting the makeup! I can’t wait for next month. You can subscribe to Ipsy with my link right here.
That’s my last collage for the whole post! The last item featured in this photoshoot is my gold Gucci glasses that I love with all my heart. I put them on last minute for a couple of pictures because I was going to wear them out to the mall that day. They looked pretty good with the outfit, especially because glasses rock with blazers sometimes. I liked the look overall though, with and without! Thanks so much for reading this post, I’ll keep on doing my photoshoots at least twice a month. I think this year is going pretty well, I can’t wait to get further into fall to see what ends up happening. This was a pretty good start to the new season though. Thanks again for everything, see ya guys later!