August is a good month so far, I’m glad I’ve been back hanging out with friends and things like that after all that happened last month. I’m doing pretty good, I feel like things keep getting better! I was excited to get up and do a photoshoot for this outfit this weekend, I ended up doing it with this cute white star shirt that my mom got me earlier this summer from California which she went to. I think it’s super cute and fits me well, I love stars on everything and the rhinestones they used for this shirt sure are cute. White also sometimes looks pretty good on me so I love that. Anyway, I’ve been doing a lot of the same stuff as I usually do, but my mood is getting kind of better as I go because things have changed. I’m focusing more on myself and have been able to do better things for myself, and I kind of represent that sometimes too with the things around me. I can’t believe that most of the summer is almost over, I love the weather as usual and everything but I also can’t wait to see what comes next as I continue throughout my life. This photoshoot is a pretty good one as well, let’s get into this one!
Creatively, I’m doing better with my outfits and photoshoots more as a focus these days with my energy. Aside from that and how I feel about that, my makeup is what I’m most passionate about over all of it and I’ve been getting better at doing that these days too! I’ve talked about that recently, I have just surprised myself even more recently though because that really is a passion these days and I’m proud about how I’ve been doing it. I go through my makeup pretty well too, and I usually average about 4 days a week with wearing my makeup but sometimes it’s even 7 days. I of course still get Ipsy and can finally catch up on that too, with my August bag finally being in an August blog post! I got mostly skincare this time but it’s still really cool to get Ipsy this month, I used at least 3 of the items for this photoshoot and will review the whole bag. So that’s something I’ve still been loving these days but I even have been making progress on it rather than just finally getting into it more (which I started doing last year). I’m so glad about all of it though too. Let’s get into the collages next.
Outfit Details for my ‘Starlight’ Photoshoot:
- White star crop top t-shirt from Tilly’s in California in July from my mom that she got when she was over there. I love this white tank top, it’s super cute & I always love stars on everything so much.
- Acid wash denim ripped shorts which are longer shorts and I love them. The tag says Miss Posh on them as well. I think I got them like 5 years ago or so, I’m not completely sure but they’re great.
- Call Me Faux Fur Heels white sandals $30 that I got from NastyGal in June of 2017. I’ve worn them in a couple of 2017 photoshoots like ‘July & Doing What I Wanna Do & also in a 2019 photoshoot too.
- Lotus rose quartz necklace that I love with all my heart that I ordered online from Etsy or something in 2018. I sure love this necklace, it’s one of my four different rose quartz ones I have as well also.
- Lava stone beaded bracelet up my arm and a rhinestone silver bangle both on the same arm as the two bracelets I wore for this photoshoot. I put my Full Moon essential oils on the lava stone one too.
- Rhinestone dangly earrings with a heart & star charm on either one that my stepmom made for me (with her BossKty line) recently with rhinestone chain pieces I had leftover from something else.
- Stud earrings in my second holes, just basic ones. These ones I got in like 2019 and are one of the few pairs I wear the most often I think. They’re pretty perfect but I’m not sure where I got them.
- ‘Van D’ Go’ peach-pink nail polish from Essie on my nails. I finally got a new nail polish rack recently so I was able to fit most of my Essie’s on there and have been using them again now finally also.
I’m pretty proud of all the progress I’ve made this year. I’m surprised this year has gone by as fast as it has! I’m doing so well with everything, I really appreciate some of the things I’ve been through this year and what has happened that is so positive since. Last year was harder for me, I was a little lost but I’ve found so much of myself since and it’s been going so well. I’ve fixed most of the things I can think of in the last year, and I’m proud of myself for going through some things as best as I could. I always will have myself and everything and I’m relieved at how well things wrapped up this year as I’ve gotten to this point. I’m doing better emotionally and everything as well, I’ve really been feeling a lot this year and I sometimes think with all my passion and with how I push myself that I have really been doing some growing up too. I’m glad my year of being 23 went so well and I can’t wait to see all that happens before my birthday here in November! I’m so thankful for everyone in my life also, it’s mostly my family but I do have a friend or so in my life too. Let’s see how everything moves forward!
Makeup Details for ‘Starlight’ on August 18th, 2022:
- Tynt Beauty Dew Balm $28 that I use as an illuminating primer under my makeup. This is a pretty good lightweight balm and I like it a lot! I got it from Ipsy like last year or something like that too.
- Tarte Cosmetics Shape Tape Concealer $30 in the shade Light 20B. This is sometimes my favorite concealer because of how full coverage it is, I like that a lot about it. Tarte’s one of my fave brands.
- Laura Geller Quench-N-Tint Hydrating Foundation $34 in the shade Light. I got this one from Ipsy last year as well and it’s one of my favorite foundations. It’s also lightweight which is pretty cool.
- Too Faced Peach Blur Translucent Smoothing Finishing Powder $30 a discontinued powder that goes on in this pretty pink-ish peach shade as a finish that I love. It’s a pretty good one overall.
- Trestique Bronzer Stick $28 in the shade Brazillian Bronze that I also got from Ipsy like last year. This bronzer grew on me after a while and I’m starting to like how it looks more too which is cool.
- Shaina B. Miami Cream Blush in Bellini* $18 that I got this month (August 2022) in my Ipsy Glam Bag! It’s a cream blush in a peachy shade and I actually really like it when I’m able to build it too.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Nicole Guerriero Glow Kit $40 in the shade Daydream. This is a pretty good highlight palette that was Limited Edition from 2017. I did a blog post about it called Glow Day!
- Mary Kay Eye Primer $12 for eyeshadow that I use every time I do my makeup every week. I like this one fine, my mom stills sells makeup from the brand once in a while. A decent primer overall.
- Āether Beauty Rose Quartz Crystal Gemstone Palette $48 which is one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes from 2019. It’s a basic pink and blue etc. but I used the orange color and blues this time.
- Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner $32 in the shade Black Ink which is a pot gel liner. This is one of my favorite eyeliners overall, but I’ve had my current one for a long time and want a new one.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Volumizing Mascara* $28 that I also got in my August 2022 Ipsy Glam Bag Plus this month. I used to have this mascara & totally loved it, I’m glad I got another one too.
- Benefit Cosmetics Gimme Brow Volumizing Eyebrow Gel $24 in the shade 3.5 warm auburn brown. This is sometimes one of my favorite brow products or brow gels, I’ve been using it since 2019ish.
- Becca Cosmetics Liquid Crystal Lip Topper Glow Gloss $22 in the shade Rose Quartz x Seashell. I have 4 out of 6 of these lipglosses total, this being one of them. I wanted all of them back in 2019.
- Urban Decay Allnighter Pollution Protection Setting Spray $34 which is my favorite setting spray of all time but it has been discontinued for like a year. I just opened my third one though recently.
I finally am caught up on Ipsy for this year! With Ipsy they pick out 2 of the products and you get to pick the other 3. I got mostly skincare for the ones I picked but they picked out a mascara and blush for me this time that I used in the photoshoot. Let me go through all the products – I’ve had the mascara before and loved it, it’s always a really good one! I had missed it actually because it looks really good these days. Also the blush surprised me because it’s a lighter color and I wasn’t sure how that would look but it actually looks pretty good on me too. Then after that I got a spray toner that I liked, I had been wanting to try another toner recently so I’m glad they had this option. Then I also got a facial scrub that is also a mask and a cleanser, and I like that one too it’s pretty efficient! Finally, I got a new moisturizer which is cool, I thought I might as well try another one. So that’s my bag for this month! I think it’s a good one overall. I really love Ipsy – you can subscribe with my referall here!
That’s all I have for this blog post, thanks so much for checking me out & reading this! I can’t wait to see what’s next for me in the fall. I’m glad about this whole year + how things have gone and I know I always have more in store & am able to express it. Thanks again for reading, and see you next time!